|Image Courtesy of Naypong/freedigitalphotos.net|
...And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquility, and Union.
- Praise God for His unfathomable power, and praise Him for the fact that we cannot understand all His ways.
- Thank Him for sending Jesus to die for our sins so that we may live with Him in Heaven some day.
- Pray for those who have suffered great losses this year: deaths, illnesses, financial losses, security.
- Pray for God to shower them with mercy and love to restore the faith they may have lost in this world.
- Pray for yourself~for what YOU desire from God: strength, courage, faith, joy.
- And confess...admit that your heart may not be in alignment with God's Will yet, admit that you may have gossiped, or hurt others in order to make yourself feel more important, confess to God that you are prideful or gluttonous, or unfaithful...confess that you, often will put other earthly things as a priority over God in your life.