"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10, NLT
- We hear that God is always good, that He has a plan for every life.
- We hear how He offers rest for the weary and hope for the hopeless.
- We hear that He is a God with healing in His wings, and we convince ourselves that if we are faithful enough and just believe a little harder, with a little more sincerity, surely He’ll bring victory in the form of a miracle.
You don’t feel so special.
- You’re not meant to know all the answers, have all the solutions.
- You’re not meant to be strong enough to handle it all.
- You’re not designed to carry the weight of the whole world on your shoulders and smile through it all.