Good News for the Upside-down Times
- Look ahead for the patterns or seasons that are more difficult for your family.
- Be proactive about stress relief during more difficult seasons like holidays, IEP renewal, and back-to-school.
- During these times, be very careful not to overbook weekends. Honor your Sabbath!
- It might help to plan easy suppers that require little planning and cleanup – or better yet, cooperative planning and cleanup.
- Feel empowered to say “no” to extra events during the more stressful seasons. Knowing how much stress can affect coping skills, you’ll be glad you did.
- Pick a time of day EVERYDAY when you quit. Allow yourself this time of respite daily.
- Most of all, ask God to give you strength to number your days.
Strength to Number Your Days
25 Your bars shall be iron and bronze;and as your days, so shall your strength be.