|Sand Harbor at Incline Village, NV|
Can you discover the depths of God?
Can you discover the limits of the Almighty?
Job 11:7 NASB
- He reveals himself more and more over time.
- We have to return to him over and over again in order to know him more.
- Just when we think we have identified our favorite part of his character, we realize there is an even more beautiful part.
- The quantity of time we spend with him is directly related to the amount of awesomeness we experience in him.
- His beauty and mystery knows no limit.
There's the bustle of the shops and restaurants at the Stateline; like the exciting chaos we find ourselves in when we have allowed him to turn our lives upside down with a new adventure.
There's the rocky shores of the north beach area; like the times we are going through trials and it seems like we will never be able to make the jump to the next rock in front of us. But, we pause, we gain our strength in him and we leap forward in faith and find ourselves on holy ground.
There's the still, placid waters of Emerald Bay where we want to bring all of our friends and family so they too can fall in love with God.
I'm so thankful for EVERY shore to which he has led me. Sometimes the journeys were terrifying and overwhelming, but I look back and see how he carried me from rock to rock and lifted me over the boulders. I hope that today you can see the many places you have gone with God and how he has been steadfast and sovereign through it all.
Pray: Dear Precious Father...I'm over-whelmed by the beauty of the world around me. I know that this world will fade away, but I'm so grateful that you have given us such beauty in the midst of the dying parts of this world. Help me to have a thankful heart today and always. Help me to show my thankfulness to others today; all glory and honor belong to you. Amen.
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!