She loves holding her back and waddling as she imitates walking like a pregnant mama. Diligently, she practices her breathing for the big event - hee hee, whoooo, hee hee, whoo.
She even made our guest bedroom a home birth center - complete with an Enter Sign, a stack of towels, and a blood pressure kit from my Dad.
It’s also time for more creative parental controls - Moriah “caught” her on YouTube after she Googled LIVE home births. That's taking obsession to a whole new level!
Maybe this was cute when she was 7 or 8, but she is 15! I want to help re-direct her imagination to remain rooted in reality. This is our 11th grandchild - her 11th time at becoming an AUNT! This time, she’s decided if she can just work at the hospital, she’ll be able to be there with Adrienne to help her when its time to push. Shoot, she even thinks she can help if Adrienne needs a C-Section!
Each time someone in our family has gotten pregnant, she begins to fixate on pregnancy. I try to RE-Direct with these thoughts to reality without destroying her beautiful dreams.
1) Babies are wonderful, but she isn't going to be able to be a mommy.
2) God has blessed her with many nieces and nephews to enjoy!
3) If she keeps learning about children, her future job could be working with children.
4) God knows how much she loves babies and has wonderful plans in her future that includes loving babies.
5) It's fun to pretend but we have to know when to "let it go!"
Help us allow You to direct our steps, our actions, our thoughts. When we get "stuck" or can't let go of something, please re-direct us so we can move forward. Thank you for your patience and gentle leading in our lives!
In Jesus' Name