|Photo image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Honestly, although have friends who hold political positions, I put my hopes in THE One True King. Any other expectations of human leaders are bound to be met with disappointment eventually. Just look at how much darker this world grows every day!
So to take the focus and turn it to where it should be, I made this little list...
- To BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God made flesh, who died on the cross for my sins, and rose from the dead to secure my future in heaven.
- To TRUST that God knows me better than I know myself, and that He know what is best for me. He always has my good in mind. I can trust Him with my children, their needs, and their futures.
- To LEAVE my greatest fears and worries with God, KNOWING that He is big enough to handle every concern. He can carry the angst about medical bills, school issues, and world peace.
- To REST in the assurance that any trial I may face can and will be recycled for my good and God's glory. He calls me friend and does not endeavor to harm me.
- To AGREE that I am Christ's ambassador, here temporarily, being used by Him to push back the darkness of this world, on my way to my heavenly home.
- To REJOICE that there is a Leader who is smarter and more capable than all of the doctors, lawyers, and geniuses of all time combined.
- To BE THANKFUL for every grace, every blessing, every good gift that God pours over me in addition to my undeserved salvation.
- To live a life SET APART from this world, being conformed more to the likeness of Christ through every trial, and looking less and less like my fleshly self.
- To OBEY my Maker, because He is God, and I am not.
- To REJECT this world's standards of worth, beauty, success, importance, valuing God's criteria instead.
- To LOVE and FORGIVE, even when it's not easy, realizing that I owe people nothing less, because I am loved and forgiven by God.
PRAY: LORD, I chose you over this world. Keep my eyes fixed on your glory and your business, without being distracted by those wrestling for power in this life.
~ Barb Dittrich