May is my birthday month. For at least the past 15 years my actual birthday has really meant very little to me. If my hubby takes me out for a nice dinner, I am a happy girl.
However, THIS YEAR is a landmark birthday. I hit the BIG 5.0. in a few weeks. The privilege of living a half-a-century is an occasion worth celebrating. And here is how I would like to give glory to God at this momentous time in my life:
Throughout the month of May, we want to find 50 donors who will donate $50 to Snappin' Ministries. Aside from motherhood, my most significant life's work has been supporting fellow parents as they battle through the journey of raising a child with special needs. It would mean the world to me if you would honor my 50 year landmark by donating to help these parents I serve.
- Buy a gas card that will bless the socks off of a couple who are traveling to and from the hospital with a child battling a chronic illness.
- Provide 2 TLC gift baskets to parents in need of encouragement and support during a hospitalization or difficult time at home.
- Pay half of the cost of 1 day for 1 person at our Mother's Retreat.
- Purchase a dinner gift certificate, so a couple can get a rare date out.
- Buy gift cards for carry-out food (pizza, subs, burgers), sent when a family is in crisis.
- Help pay for food and crafts for our quarterly Recess respite program.
- Buy advertising on Facebook for local quarterly family events.
Just go to this special 50/50 Challenge at "Causes" and click on DONATE to get started today! I don't want to be crying over this when my 50th birthday arrives on May 21st!